Question about -rc and stable patches

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Mon Mar 03 2014 - 17:28:17 EST

Hi Linus and Greg,

Recently I have been sent patches that fix a bug in the enabling of
ftrace function tracer, where if something goes wrong with the
enabling (or disabling), it can cause a crash of the computer.

Now, my question is, the bug requires something to go wrong at a point
where I've never seen it go wrong before. But if you inject a problem
(code that makes it fail on the 1000th iteration), sure enough, the
recovery is not correct and the machine crashes.

Is this fix something that I should push to -rc as well as to stable?
Or should I just add this to my 3.15 queue, as I have never heard of
someone triggering it. The only report is from someone that was testing
the failure cases.

Thanks,

-- Steve