Re: fs: gpf in simple_setattr

From: Sasha Levin
Date: Sun Mar 02 2014 - 21:02:03 EST

On 03/01/2014 10:35 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ping again?

I've been working on it, but don't see an obvious issue.

It does look like an access to invalid memory easily doable from userspace,
so it should probably get fixed soon...

It doesn't happen in mainline? Any possibility that you could try to bisect it?

It might be in mainline, it just happens once in a couple of days and since I'm not usually fuzzing mainline I can't say for sure.

I've tried bisecting but since I don't have a reliable way to reproduce it the bisection goes wrong pretty fast.

I've tried adding some debug code in, which clearly suggests that the object is gone, but I can't pinpoint to where it disappears.

Thanks,
Sasha