Re: 3.12-stable kernel tree being taken over by Jiri Slaby

From: Jiri Slaby
Date: Sat Mar 01 2014 - 04:29:58 EST

On 02/28/2014 04:02 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 02/26/2014 03:19 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
>> As I hinted at in my kernel summit talk about the stable kernel tree, we
>> have a sucker^Wvolunteer who has stepped up to take over the longterm
>> maintenance of the 3.12 stable kernel tree.
>>
>> Jiri Slaby will be doing this work, for how ever long he wants to do it.
>> I'll still be doing the final releases to kernel.org, like I do for 3.2,
>> but Jiri will be doing the collecting of patches and other real work
>> involved in it, including the announcements for its release.
>>

> Jiri,

Hi,

> do you want me to keep running my build tests on the patch queue for 3.12 ?

definitely yes, if you could.

> If yes, I'll probably need to know the location of your (quilt ?)
> repository
> so I can import the patches, similar to what I do for 3.2 and the releases
> managed by Greg.

I've just published the stable-3.12-queue at:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jirislaby/linux-stable.git/log/?h=stable-3.12-queue

aka

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jirislaby/linux-stable.git#stable-3.12-queue

Published trees will appear in the stable-3.12 branch in the same
repository.

thanks a lot,
--
js