Re: Subject: Warning in workqueue.c

From: Jason J. Herne
Date: Mon Feb 24 2014 - 10:02:10 EST

On 02/14/2014 11:25 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
Hmmm... weird, p's rq shouldn't have changed without its cpus_allowed
busted. Anyways, let's wait for Jason's test results and see whether
this is a regression at all.

I was unable to determine exactly when this behavior was introduced. The reason for this is because I keep hitting other bugs that prevent the test case from running, the most notable of which causes an immediate system hang. I also hit other warnings and bug messages and I'm not sure if they are related or if they will influence the probability of hitting the problem we are trying to solve here. What I did find is the following:

We hit this problem as far back as v3.10.
The warning was introduced after v3.5 but before v3.6.

--
-- Jason J. Herne (jjherne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)