Re: 3.12: ethernet controller missing after resuming from suspend to RAM

From: Bastien Traverse
Date: Tue Feb 11 2014 - 13:14:40 EST

Le 09/02/2014 23:07, Peter Wu a écrit :
> I think this is relevant. See also my test with 3.13.2 and different
> kernel configs[1]. A workaround that triggers a scan was also posted[2].
>
> Peter
>
> [1]: http://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/8/264
> [2]: http://lkml.org/lkml/2014/2/7/809

Thanks, I can confirm that triggering a rescan by issuing

sudo tee /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/rescan <<<1

made the device reappear on my system (of course I had to adapt the
command to match PCI Bridge number). That's a handy workaround, it
avoids restarting each time.

As I've never compiled a kernel so far I think I'll leave the
configuration tweaks for another time :)

Cheers