Re: [tip:core/urgent] MAINTAINERS: Restore "L:linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org" entries

From: Joe Perches
Date: Wed Jan 22 2014 - 12:47:36 EST

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 18:36 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Your main argument is that some people don't cc lkml
> > because section entries don't specify it explicitly.
>
> No, my main argument continues to be that having a 'at a glance'
> contact summary _in a single place_ is eminently useful to humans,
> because it's so simple:

I don't doubt simplicity is good.

> You never even
> _acknowledged_ my main point, let alone countered it successfully.

There's no 'counter' to it.

You simply don't seem to agree that some people will
choose _not_ to cc lkml when some sections have it and
others sections don't.

> Hence you came up with this false 'conclusion' prematurely and
> presented it with baseless, cocky self-confidence.

> What an annoyingly unproductive waste of time.

Any discussion where someone disagrees with you seems
to end with you asserting that. I doubt it's true.

> Thanks,

Anytime.

cheers, Joe