Re: linux rdma 3.14 merge plans

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 19:43:55 EST

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roland, ping! the signature patches were posted > three months ago. We
> deserve a response from the maintainer that goes beyond "I need to
> think on that".
>
> Responsiveness was stated by Linus to be the #1 requirement from
> kernel maintainers.

Or, I'm not sure what response you're after from me. Linus has also
said that maintainers should say "no" a lot more
(http://lwn.net/Articles/571995/) so maybe you want me to say, "No, I
won't merge this patch set, since it adds a bunch of complexity to
support a feature no one really cares about." Is that it? (And yes I
am skeptical about this stuff — I work at an enterprise storage
company and even here it's hard to find anyone who cares about
DIF/DIX, especially offload features that stop it from being
end-to-end)

I'm sure you're not expecting me to say, "Sure, I'll merge it without
understanding the problem it's solving or how it's doing that,"
especially given the your recent history of pushing me to merge stuff
like the IP-RoCE patches back when they broke the userspace ABI.

I'd really rather spend my time on something actually useful like
cleaning up softroce.

- R.