Re: [RFC] restore user defined min_free_kbytes when disabling thp

From: Mel Gorman
Date: Tue Jan 21 2014 - 05:24:01 EST

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 05:38:59PM +0800, Han Pingtian wrote:
> The testcase 'thp04' of LTP will enable THP, do some testing, then
> disable it if it wasn't enabled. But this will leave a different value
> of min_free_kbytes if it has been set by admin. So I think it's better
> to restore the user defined value after disabling THP.

Then have LTP record what min_free_kbytes was at the same time THP was
enabled by the test and restore both settings. It leaves a window where
an admin can set an alternative value during the test but that would also
invalidate the test in same cases and gets filed under "don't do that".

--
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs