Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Mon Jan 20 2014 - 03:47:04 EST

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:51 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:46:06 +0100 Mike Galbraith <bitbucket@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I hope it doesn't look quite like that, next-20140117 is -ENOBOOT on
>>> Q6600 box. See below for an alternative.
>>>
>>> idle: kill unnecessary mwait_idle() resched IPIs
>>
>> OK, so despite even further discussion, I have applied this as a merge
>> fix patch for today. Let me know when it is all sorted out.
>>

> Where is this fix?
> ( Browsing Linux-next remote GIT repository online. )
> 2x NOPE for me.
>
> - Sedat -
>
> [1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/log/?id=next-20140120&qt=grep&q=mwait_idle
> [2] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sfr/next-fixes.git

Hmmm... Found this in Next/merge.log

+$ git am -3 ../patches/0001-x86-idle-mwait_idle-merge-update.patch
+Applying: idle: kill unnecessary mwait_idle() resched IPIs
+$ git reset HEAD^
+Unstaged changes after reset:
+M arch/x86/include/asm/processor.h
+M arch/x86/kernel/process.c

Is this a local patch not shipped in the Linux-next (remote) GIT repo?
Why is this not in your next-fixes GIT repo?

A bit confused about your -next policies,
- Sedat -