Re: vm commit in atop utility steadilly grows (latest mainline kernelfrom git)

From: Branimir Maksimovic
Date: Sat Jan 18 2014 - 03:45:10 EST

On 01/18/2014 09:34 AM, Andrew Morton wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:06:21 +0100 Branimir Maksimovic <branimir.maksimovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yesterday, I have noticed that vmcom steadilly grows (it was 7TB before
I noticed). I compile kernel every day or two after git pull.
Rebooted and then watched atop, vmcom constantly grows.
Didn't notice any of running processes to allocate.
Booted in 3.12.8 kernel and everything is back to normal.
Since this is pretty noticable, I guess that this is caused by commit
between rc8 release and now, not sure.
Machine is i5 3570k, motherboard asus maximus gene v.

I expect this was fixed by

commit d1969a84dd6a44d375aa82bba7d6c38713a429c3
Author: Hugh Dickins <hughd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Jan 16 15:26:48 2014 -0800

percpu_counter: unbreak __percpu_counter_add()

It is fixed. Running normal now.