[GIT PULL] namespace fixes

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Fri Jan 17 2014 - 01:36:58 EST

Linus,

Please pull the for-linus branch from the git tree:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git for-linus

HEAD: 41301ae78a99ead04ea42672a1ab72c6f44cc81d vfs: Fix a regression in mounting proc

This is a set of 3 regression fixes.

This fixes /proc/mounts when using "ip netns add <netns>" to display the
actual mount point.

This fixes a regression in clone that broke lxc-attach.

This fixes a regression in the permission checks for mounting /proc that
made proc unmountable if binfmt_misc was in use. Oops.

My apologies for sending this pull request so late. Al Viro gave
interesting review comments about the d_path fix that I wanted to
address in detail before I sent this pull request. Unfortunately a
bad round of colds kept from addressing that in detail until today.
The executive summary of the review was:

Al: Is patching d_path really sufficient?
The prepend_path, d_path, d_absolute_path, and __d_path family of
functions is a really mess.

Me: Yes, patching d_path is really sufficient. Yes, the code is mess.
No it is not appropriate to rewrite all of d_path for a regression
that has existed for entirely too long already, when a two line
change will do.

Eric W. Biederman (3):
vfs: In d_path don't call d_dname on a mount point
fork: Allow CLONE_PARENT after setns(CLONE_NEWPID)
vfs: Fix a regression in mounting proc

fs/dcache.c | 7 ++++++-
fs/namespace.c | 2 +-
kernel/fork.c | 2 +-