[PATCH v2 0/4] pinctrl: st: Add interrupt controller support.
Date: Thu Jan 16 2014 - 10:43:54 EST
From: Srinivas Kandagatla <srinivas.kandagatla@xxxxxx>
Hi Linus W,
Thankyou for reviewing v1 of the patch-set the comments were very useful.
This series of v2 patches add interrupt controller support to ST pinctrl
driver incorporating all the review comments.
ST pin controller GPIO bank can have one of the two possible types of
First type is via irqmux, single interrupt is used by multiple gpio
banks. This reduces number of interrupts numbers required by pin controller.
All these gpio banks belong to a single pin controller.
Second type has a dedicated interrupt per gpio bank. Interrupt number usage is
very high in this case.
This patch adds support to both these wirings.
Also, ST pin controller hardware only supports level triggered interrupts.
However for drivers like gpio keypad requires edge trigger interrupt support,
so one of the patch adds edge trigger interrupt support in software by using
the existing level trigger support in hardware.
Patch 01: Adds level interrupt support to pin controller.
Patch 02 Adds software edge trigger support.
Patch 03,04 : Updates STiH415, STiH416 dts files for interrupt support.
Changes since v1:
Updated below changes suggest by Linus W.
- Added updated example in binding document.
- removed un-necessary varibles in st_gpio_bank and st_pinctrl struct.
- renamed irq disabled/enabled functions with masked/unmasked
- Fixed a issue in interrupt handler which could miss interrupts.
- Added new hooks startup and shutdown which can mark gpio lines.
- create irq mapping at probe stage instead of doing it in to_irq.
- removed driver specfic irq_domain xlate function with generic one.
- Added extra documention for software edge trigger support.
- reformated few debug messages.
I did skip the first patch from my last v1 patchset as you have already
Srinivas Kandagatla (4):
pinctrl: st: Add Interrupt support.
pinctrl: st: Add software edge trigger interrupt support.
ARM:STi: STiH416: Add interrupt support for pin controller
ARM:STi: STiH415: Add interrupt support for pin controller
.../devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/pinctrl-st.txt | 73 ++++-
arch/arm/boot/dts/stih415-pinctrl.dtsi | 75 +++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/stih416-pinctrl.dtsi | 81 +++++
drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-st.c | 337 +++++++++++++++++++-
4 files changed, 558 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/