Re: [GIT PULL 00/38] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Jan 14 2014 - 08:41:15 EST

* Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andi Kleen (2):
> perf stat: Fix --delay option in man page
> perf record: Add --initial-delay option

Hm, so we now have two options that do something similar, one named
--delay, the other --initial-delay? That looks rather inconsistent.

Furthermore, it looks silly to rename things --initial-delay just to
preserve a rarely used option, --no-delay. Instead the better option
would be to rename --no-delay to --no-buffering, and use --delay and
use it consistently within the tools.

Thanks,

Ingo