Re: [patch/rfc] perf on raspberry-pi without overflow interrupt

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Fri Jan 10 2014 - 08:53:42 EST

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014, Stephane Eranian wrote:

> But before we do that, can someone confirm that on Pi there is simply
> no interrupt
> generated by the PMU or is it that we don't know how to route it back?

The closest I've seen is this posting from one of the rasp-pi employees
who presumably has access to better documentation than we do:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=19151

It sounds like the SoC just doesn't bother hooking the nPMUIRQ line up
anything useful on the interrupt controller. The Pi is complicated
because it's really just a GPU chip that just happens to have an ARM1176
core hanging off the side of it.

Vince