Re: status of block-integrity

From: Martin K. Petersen
Date: Thu Jan 09 2014 - 20:50:42 EST

>>>>> "Hannes" == Hannes Reinecke <hare@xxxxxxx> writes:

Hannes> With LID1/XCopy you have the ambiguity on where to actually send
Hannes> the command to; the spec is silent in this area.

Yeah, right now it's a coin toss.

However, thanks to VAAI most arrays support LID1. I'm trying to leverage
that. Doesn't in any way preclude LID4 being supported as well.

Hannes> As said, Doug and me are working on putting this into sg3_utils,
Hannes> then we'll have a better idea on the actual workings.

Cool! That'll save me some headaches when we start seeing LID4 devices.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering