Re: Git puzzle

From: Jason Cooper
Date: Sun Dec 29 2013 - 00:03:05 EST

Gene,

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:35:47PM -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 09:41:40PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > working toward 3.8.3 which doesn't, and I have the disk space chowned
> > to me, what is the exact syntax to pull a clone of 3.8.2, and then do
> > a bisect to 3.8.3 where the microcode update for an AMD phenom doesn't
> > work. Skipping fwd to 3.12.0 it still isn't working.
>
> The version tags you are referring to are from the linux-stable tree, so
> we'll clone that one instead of Linus'.

Just one small addendum to this:

Once you've identified the commit in the -stable tree, we'll have to
find the corresponding commit in the mainline tree. Don't worry about
trying to find this for your initial email, just make sure to mention
that the commit identified is from the -stable tree between v3.8.2 and
v3.8.3.

thx,

Jason.