Problem with cpufreq and i5 since post 3.9.0

From: David Woodfall
Date: Fri Dec 27 2013 - 14:07:46 EST

I recently upgraded from 3.9.0 to 3.10.17 and found that I don't have
the same cpufreq governors available. I also tested with 3.12.6 and
3.13.0_rc5 with the same results.

3.9.0 tells me:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/*/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors
conservative ondemand powersave userspace performance
conservative ondemand powersave userspace performance
conservative ondemand powersave userspace performance
conservative ondemand powersave userspace performance

But any of the newer kernel versions I've tested only give me
performance and powersave.

I have selected userspace as default governor and all other governors
as built-in on all versions.

I need to either be able to use performance or use userspace and set for the max frequency. This is for an old application that tries to
detect cpu speed, but fails because it is from the days before scaling.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do with these newer kernels?

Regards

-Dave