Re: nouveau nvaa clock missing break?

From: Roy Spliet
Date: Fri Dec 27 2013 - 05:10:34 EST

Hello Kees,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me first reassure you that this fall-through is indeed intentional: vdiv should be set regardless of the clock source. A comment line would definitely be in place though for future nouveau hackers.
In read_pll, post_div can never be zero in valid execution. If the register-read returns zero, the GPU has either fallen off the bus, or crashed because someone set a divider of 0. I agree that this is not very robust and will probably lead to a divide-by-zero on hardware failure. Checking it doesn't harm I bet!
I will propose a patch addressing these issues as soon as I find some free time. Thanks again for the feedback. Yours,

Roy