PCIExpress ATCA card Hotplug device driver

From: Paulo Fortuna Carvalho
Date: Tue Dec 03 2013 - 12:34:55 EST

Hello,
I have an ATCA card system and Linux PCI device drivers for the card.
I need to implement automatic hotplug card insertion/removal
capabilities in the system.
My Linux is redhat 6 with kernel 3.0.9-rt26.46.el6rt.x86_64
I have pciehp.ko module loaded at system boot and my PCIe card device
driver follows the Linux device driver model.

I have 2 questions:
1) Does my Linux device driver needs to be changed to a service port
driver? (if so how?)
2) Do I need to use udev mechanism to handle hotplug along pciehp.ko
module? (if so how?).

Can anyone give me a hand?
Thx in advance,
Ricardo-Fortuna