Re: gem csum breakage with 018c5bba (Handle CHECKSUM_COMPLETE moreadequately ...)

From: Herbert Xu
Date: Fri Nov 22 2013 - 20:47:56 EST

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 07:08:16PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With current Linus' master tree my ibook started emitting a lot of annoying csum calculation warnings. I've bisected it down to the commit seen in the subject line, but I suppose the real problem lies somewhere a lot deeper and only gets revealed thanks to the more clever checksum logic applied now.
>
> Any ideas how to dig further into this?

Sorry, I don't have any docs on this device. Perhaps Dave has
the docs which can tell us what RXDCTRL_TCPCSUM actually returns?

I assume it returns the correct checksum ending at the IP
packet boundary and only goes wrong when extra padding exists.

Hmm, I suppose the question then is what exactly does it do
if the packet isn't an IP packet?

Thanks,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>