Re: current_thread_info() not respecting program order with gcc 4.8.x

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Thu Nov 21 2013 - 19:34:32 EST

Am 22.11.2013 01:17, schrieb Linus Torvalds:
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Alexander Holler <holler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Basically, your whole argument boils down to "if the function did
something else than what it does, then it wouldn't be const, so we
shouldn't mark it const". But that argument is BULLSHIT, because the
fact is, the function *doesn't* do what you try to claim it does.

Maybe gcc just makes the same false conclusion as I did in my description.

I read it as current_thread_info() returns "a pointer to something local" instead of returns "a pointer". Might be BULLSHIT but would explain the bug which seems to exist.

Alexander Holler