Some kernel module options not showing up in modinfo

From: Raphael Hertzog
Date: Thu Nov 21 2013 - 09:54:52 EST

Hello,

I noticed that some options are not visible in the modinfo output. For
instance "modinfo lockd" reports this on my Debian sid system:

$ modinfo lockd
filename: /lib/modules/3.11-1-amd64/kernel/fs/lockd/lockd.ko
license: GPL
author: Olaf Kirch <okir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
depends: sunrpc
intree: Y
vermagic: 3.11-1-amd64 SMP mod_unload modversions
parm: nsm_use_hostnames:bool
parm: nlm_max_connections:uint
$

Yet I know that there are more options and the kernel source code confirms
this:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/fs/lockd/svc.c#L569

Multiple other options are defined by way of module_param_call(...) like
nlm_grace_period, nlm_timeout, nlm_updport, nlm_tcpport.

Ben Hutchings (one of the Debian kernel maintainers) confirmed me that
this was unexpected and suggested me to report it to you. If you have any
questions, just ask.

Cheers,
--
RaphaÃl Hertzog â Debian Developer

Discover the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
â http://debian-handbook.info/get/