Re: [appleir] BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

From: James Henstridge
Date: Wed Nov 20 2013 - 22:20:31 EST

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Here is the relevant lsusb output that I think contains what you're
>> > asking for (I had to unbind usbhid for it to include the descriptor):
>> >
>> > Bus 005 Device 003: ID 05ac:8240 Apple, Inc. Built-in IR Receiver
>> > Device Descriptor:
>> > bLength 18
>> > bDescriptorType 1
>> > bcdUSB 2.00
>>
>> Ok, thanks for the report. Could you please test the following patch
>> which should solve your problem (hopefully)?
>
> James,
>
> any reults from testing Benjamin's patch, please?

Sorry for the delays in testing out the patch. I have tried a kernel
with the patch applied, and can no longer reproduce the oops. The
hid-appleir driver appears to be working correctly, generating key
press events in response to the remote, and LIRC functions correctly
via hiddev.

Thanks for the everyone's help with this.

James.