Re: perf tip: fails to convert comm

From: David Ahern
Date: Sat Nov 16 2013 - 10:19:04 EST

On 11/15/13, 6:02 PM, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 09:29:51AM -0700, David Ahern wrote:
HI Frederic:

On 11/13/13, 11:03 AM, Frederic Weisbecker wrote:

I see. I can reproduce, I'll check and see what happens. It would be nice if
we could have an option to dump internal perf events like comm events as well
in the perf script stream.

Any progress on a solution? This is a regression in 3.13.

So the problem is that when a thread overrides its default ":%pid" comm, we forget
to tag the thread comm as overriden. Hence, this overriden comm is not inherited on
future forks.

So here is a fix. Tell me if you see more issue, I'll cook a proper changelog and
resend if everyting looks good.

That works for me. Thank you.

Tested-by: David Ahern <dsahern@xxxxxxxxx>