Re: [patch 1/6] hardirq: Make hardirq bits generic

From: schmitz
Date: Tue Nov 12 2013 - 03:44:38 EST

Thomas,

If you look at the probability of the first two checks catching
anything, then it's pretty low. Most interrupts returns go through
ret_from_exception. Yes, I added counters which prove that at least on
the aranym, but I doubt that it will make a real difference if you run
this on real hardware.

I'm happy to try that (indeed, verify your patch works on Atari hardware first) - I trust the patch is relative to m68k git, not your previous patches?

Pleased to report the patch works, as expected, on the actual hardware. I doubt we still need to profile the interrupt return path, Geert?

Cheers,

Michael