Re: Linux 3.12 released .. and no merge window yet .. and 4.0 plans?

From: Keith Curtis
Date: Wed Nov 06 2013 - 08:42:19 EST

I don't know if you all should spend time working only on bugs, but I
believe more time should be spent on the bug *list*. There are many
users patiently waiting for the kernel to work for their computer. The
pleas for help can be read in the bug database. The data can be used
to determine the selective places in the code that need more
brainpower. Send in the cavalry! Some have been waiting for years. I'm
running into 9 kernel / X bugs on my new Lenovo Yoga 2 with 3.11.6. An
unprioritized buglist also discourages people from entering new, valid
ones. As the issue list gets in better shape, things will become a bit
more relaxed. Quality metrics around bug count and age can be useful.

Regards,

-Keith