Re: [RFC 04/12] phy: Add simple-phy driver

From: Kishon Vijay Abraham I
Date: Mon Nov 04 2013 - 02:09:09 EST

Hi,

On Friday 25 October 2013 01:21 PM, Tomasz Stanislawski wrote:
Hi,
Please refer to the comments below.

On 10/24/2013 05:52 PM, Kishon Vijay Abraham I wrote:
Hi,

On Monday 21 October 2013 07:48 PM, Tomasz Stanislawski wrote:
Add simple-phy driver to support a single register
PHY interfaces present on Exynos4 SoC.

How are these PHY interfaces modelled in the SoC? Where does the register
actually reside?

Initially, I was planning to add PHY for HDMI_PHY register in
power management register set on s5pv310 soc.

If that register is part of the power management register space, I don't think it justifies creating a PHY driver for it.

However other PHYs use very similar interface (setting bit 0).
This includes DAC_PHY, ADC_PHY, PCIe_PHY, SATA_PHY.
Moreover it suits well to USBDEVICE_PHY, USBHOST_PHY.

How is it currently being done for these drivers? Is it being done in the patches sent by Kamil or Vivek?

Thanks
Kishon