Re: [Suggestion] arc: compiler: bug: about an arc compiler's bugwhich is not in gcc main source code.

From: Chen Gang
Date: Tue Oct 29 2013 - 21:44:57 EST

On 10/23/2013 11:12 AM, Chen Gang wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 10:51 AM, Francois Bedard wrote:
>> Our sources are on github at https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors and you can report problems by opening "Issues" with command lines and log outputs below against relevant toolchain component:
>>
>> For GCC: https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/gcc/issues?state=open
>> For binutils: https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/binutils/issues?page=1&state=open
>>
>> Go ahead and officially file these and we'll take a look at them.

Hello Francois, I marked them at 2013-10-26 night (China time).

for gcc (3 issues, but #28 duplicates with #26):

https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/gcc/issues/26
https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/gcc/issues/27
https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/gcc/issues/28

for binutils (1 issue):

https://github.com/foss-for-synopsys-dwc-arc-processors/binutils/issues/21

Hello Joern, for current shrinking status:

for gcc issue #26, (#28 is its duplication):

issue command: arc-elf32-gcc -Os -fno-reorder-blocks -c systohc.i
source code: systohc.i contents 41 lines (past it on website).
whether GNU: only for arc, gnu no issue: gnu gcc-4.8/4.9 are OK.

for gcc issue #27:

issue command: arc-elf32-gcc -Os -c target_core_pr.i
status: just shrinking code.
will/should be finish within 2013-10-31.
welcome any suggestions or completions.

for binutils issue #21:

it seems simple enough, if still need shrinking, please let me know.

It seems no response, and I am a newbie about the website, need I do
something more for them? (e.g. cc to some members, although I don't
know how to cc).

> I will/should go ahead, hope I can finish reporting them within this
> week (2013-10-27)
>
> Thanks.

Thanks.
--