Re: Any news on Runtime Interpreted Power Sequences

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Oct 29 2013 - 12:19:04 EST

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 11:10:37AM +1100, NeilBrown wrote:

> Yes, the device is soldered down and has a reset line that needs to be pulsed
> low at about the same time that the MMC port enables the regulator.

> How do you propose that I describe this? Which driver should know about the
> reset GPIO, how to I tell it about the GPIO, and which function should do the
> pulsing?

I'd expect the driver for the device to know about this, obviously
depending on what this actually does it might want to use this at
runtime (for example, putting the device into reset to minimise power
while it's idle). We really need a generic way for devices such as this
on enumerable buses to run before the current probe() in order to allow
them to manage their power up sequences in embedded systems, this is
*far* from a unique situation.