[ANN] backports-20131025 released

From: Hauke Mehrtens
Date: Sun Oct 27 2013 - 15:33:12 EST

Finally backports is in sync with linux-next again, we just did the
backports-20131025 release which is based on linux-next next-20131025.

The release can be found here:
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/backports/2013/10/25/backports-20131025.tar.bz2

There are also older releases based on older linux-next releases.

The source code can temporary be found here:
https://github.com/hauke/backports

Currently Stephen Rothwell, the original author of the linux-next tree,
is on vacation, but Thierry Reding took over [1] and backports is based
on his releases [2] now.

Now getting new stable releases based on kernel 3.10, 3.11 and 3.12 is
the next goal.

This release and further releases will not contain any GPU drivers any
more, it was too much work to backport them to older kernel versions and
it looked like that code did not had any users.

More information can be found in our wiki:
https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

Hauke

[1]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/30/179
[2]: git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git