CONFIG_FAIR_USER_SCHED oficial replacement

From: Gustavo Homem
Date: Fri Oct 25 2013 - 22:05:38 EST

Hi,

I've been reading documentation on fair share scheduling and apparently the CONFIG_FAIR_USER_SCHED option has been removed from the kernel. If I understood correctly the use of this option would automatically enable per user fair share scheduling, with each user's processes falling directly into the right schedule group.

Question: what is currently the recommended way of achieving the same effect? I understand that there is a general approach for task groups, but on a multi-user environment with a varying number of users it is not clear to me what is the preferred method for automatically creating and removing the groups and distributing the processes to each group.

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo SÃlido - Tecnologias de InformaÃÃo
http://angulosolido.pt