Re: [RFC] Does PHY UTMI data width belong to DWC2 or PHY binding?

From: Matt Porter
Date: Fri Oct 25 2013 - 09:32:01 EST

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 09:29:22PM +0000, Paul Zimmerman wrote:
> [...]

It's a possibility, however that only solves the issues for DT driven
systems. By addressing this in the generic phy layer itself, we solve
the problem for another system that doesn't boot using DT. Perhaps a
DWC2 core in PCI with the same HWCFG4 8/16 setting and the same phy
situation as I have. It's also one less property to get wrong as we
attempt to stabilize bindings.

-Matt