Re: linux-next: Tree for Oct 24

From: Olof Johansson
Date: Fri Oct 25 2013 - 09:16:09 EST

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Thierry Reding
<thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:02:22PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> On 10/24/2013 09:31 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
>> >Hi all,
>> >
>> >I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the master branch of the
>> >repository below:
>> >
>> > git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git
>> >
>> >A next-20131024 tag is also provided for convenience.
>> >
>> >Quite a few new conflicts. Some of them non-trivial. I've fixed another
>> >set of build failures, so 32-bit and 64-bit allmodconfigs build fine on
>> >x86. ARM and x86 default configurations also build fine. PowerPC is in
>> >pretty bad shape, mostly due to some OF header rework going on.
>> >

>> Hmm ... I see
>>
>> Building arm:defconfig ... failed
>> --------------
>> Error log:
>> drivers/built-in.o: In function `mmc_gpio_request_cd':
>> clkdev.c:(.text+0x74cf8): undefined reference to `devm_gpio_request_one'
>> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>>
>> Otherwise pretty much the same as yesterday, with a build log of
>> total: 110 pass: 88 skipped: 4 fail: 18
>>
>> This is with "v3.12-rc5-7941-g765f88c".
>
> Yeah, I saw the devm_gpio_request_one() errors too. They happened for 3
> boards on ARM I think. Must have forgotten to update the summary email.
> I'll see if I can come up with a patch to fix the GPIO related build
> failures, or at least report it to LinusW or Alexandre.

Hmm.

Please don't apply fixes like these directly to your tree, keep the
broken parts (or drop the tree that introduced it). It makes the
process of getting the fixes in where they really have to go much more
error prone, since there's no way to track whether they have landed in
the right place yet or not.

-Olof