Re: trace-cmd problem with FC19

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Oct 17 2013 - 16:20:40 EST

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 22:07:15 +0200
"Arend van Spriel" <arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Does recording other traces work? Or is it only spicific to this module?
>
> It seems a generic issue:
>
> $ sudo trace-cmd record -e ext4:* ls
> /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/ext4/*/filter
> systemd-private-6pVB5L systemd-private-KdpFqS trace.dat.cpu0 trace.dat.cpu2
> systemd-private-9hedRD trace.dat trace.dat.cpu1 trace.dat.cpu3
> trace-cmd: Interrupted system call
> recorder error in splice input
> trace-cmd: Interrupted system call
> recorder error in splice input
> trace-cmd: Interrupted system call
> recorder error in splice input
> trace-cmd: Interrupted system call
> recorder error in splice input
> Kernel buffer statistics:
> Note: "entries" are the entries left in the kernel ring buffer and
> are not
> recorded in the trace data. They should all be zero.
>
> I got the modules properly signed so only OOT taint is set and it still
> does not work.

You said this is an issue on Fedora 19?

I have a Fedora 19 VM, and did the following:

$ su
# yum install trace-cmd
# trace-cmd record -e ext4:* ls

and it all worked.

Now the difference is that I don't use sudo (I find it rather silly).

Do you get the same error with 'su' as you do with 'sudo'?

-- Steve