Re: Extended H/W error log driver

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Oct 17 2013 - 09:05:18 EST

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 05:37:22PM +0530, Naveen N. Rao wrote:
> That's me raising both my hands :)

:-)

> If you feel so strongly about it. "Corrected Error" is an oxymoron.
> It's really just the hardware notifying us.

Yeah, but we can't write

"We just corrected a single-bit flip in DIMM array <foo> - it was
supposed to be X but now it is Y. Don't worry, this bit flip had no
effect on current architectural machine state."

either.

I just don't want to call a "Hardware Error" a "Hardware Event".
Besides, an IRQ is a hardware event too, for example. You can see where
I'm getting with this...

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.