Re: Kconfig help entry for CONFIG_PARAVIRT_SPINLOCK

From: Raghavendra K T
Date: Tue Oct 15 2013 - 23:00:19 EST

On 10/16/2013 03:15 AM, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
Hi Raghavendra,

Since the ticketlock series have landed in this mergewindow (thanks :-) ) the
help accompanying the Kconfig entry doesn't seem to reflect the current state well.

- Wasn't the whole purpose of the ticketlock series to mitigate this 5% performance hit to something
far less, so distro kernels could enable this for their normal kernels ?
I don't have the exact performance figures though.

- Perhaps the suggestion to enable this for supported hypervisors (Xen and KVM ?) could be added ?

You are right. Thanks. I 'll send the patch to change the config text
soon.