Re: Extended H/W error log driver

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Oct 15 2013 - 15:24:15 EST

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:40:40AM +0530, Naveen N. Rao wrote:
> +2 ;)

You're counting for 2 people, huh?

:-)

> While at it, I wonder if we're better off calling these "Hardware
> events" rather than "Hardware errors".

Oh, please no. That's that euphemistic lying which serves no one. And
here's what I mean by "euphemistic lying":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc

Let's call it what it really is but, at the same time, make sure it is
understandable to users what action they need to undertake (or none)
when they encounter it.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.