Re: [Consult] About linux-next branches

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Mon Oct 14 2013 - 22:51:27 EST

On 10/14/13 19:32, Chen Gang wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I am developing with linux-next tree which have multiple branches.
>
> Now I use "git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git"
> which is not updated within 2 weeks. But it seems other linux-next
> branches continue updating.
>
> So need I choose another linux-next tree for developing?
>

> Welcome any members' suggestions or completions.
>
> Thanks.

The git location is announced in each day's linux-next announcement email.
E.g. (while Stephen Rothwell is taking a break):

<quote>
I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the master branch of the
repository below:

git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git

A next-20131014 tag is also provided for convenience.
</quote>

--
~Randy