KVM Dirty Page Log Facility

From: hellen maziku
Date: Sat Oct 12 2013 - 19:12:15 EST

Greetings!I am new to kvm and are writing a python script to get the number of pre-copy cycles during a remote vm migration given memory size M  of a VM in MB, the page dirty rate R of a vm in MB/s. My question is on
how to get the page dirty rate. Does kvm provide a dirty page
log facility that provides user space with a bitmap of modified pages
since the last call? And if yes, please kindly direct me on how to get
started. I have searched and come across things like

int kvm_get_dirty_log(struct kvm *kvm, struct kvm_dirty_log *log int *is_dirty)

I do not know if this is what I should use and if so how  I could go about to implement it.

Thank you very much,