Re: Regression parsing GPT (EFI) partition tables

From: Doug Anderson
Date: Thu Oct 10 2013 - 19:40:37 EST

Davidlohr,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Davidlohr Bueso <davidlohr@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Then you should *really* use the force_gpt option, which is there to
> bypass any MBR checks, and you can avoid issues like this :)
>
> Anyway, this is still a regression and I believe we can go ahead and
> just warn the user about the case instead of not recognizing the disk.
>
> Bill/Doug, care to send a formal patch (with corresponding comments)?

OK, I've posted up at <https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/3019531/>.
As I've said, I haven't spent the time to really understand every last
detail (I was just doing dumb git bisects), so if my explanation /
comments don't actually make sense then please correct me.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down!

-Doug