[BUG] Junk output from perf test

From: Ramkumar Ramachandra
Date: Mon Oct 07 2013 - 02:17:57 EST

Hi,

`perf test` doesn't give me a clean run; it seems to be out-of-date. I
spent many hours on tracing "parse events tests" with gdb, but
preprocessor macros and other complexity make my job very difficult. I
haven't determined where the warnings in #5 are coming from exactly,
but it seems to be the codepath starting from test__all_tracepoints().
Before I spend more hours debugging this, I want to make sure that I'm
not wasting my time; can you reproduce this?

Thanks.

-- 8< --
$ perf test
1: vmlinux symtab matches kallsyms : FAILED!
2: detect open syscall event : Ok
3: detect open syscall event on all cpus : Ok
4: read samples using the mmap interface : Ok
5: parse events tests : Warning:
bad op token {
Warning: bad op token {
Warning: bad op token {
Warning: bad op token {
Warning: function is_writable_pte not defined
Warning: function jiffies_to_msecs not defined
Warning: function jiffies_to_msecs not defined
Warning: function scsi_trace_parse_cdb not defined
Warning: function scsi_trace_parse_cdb not defined
Warning: function scsi_trace_parse_cdb not defined
Warning: function scsi_trace_parse_cdb not defined
Warning: unknown op '{'
Warning: unknown op '{'
Warning: function xen_hypercall_name not defined
Warning: function xen_hypercall_name not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Warning: function sizeof not defined
Ok
6: x86 rdpmc test : Ok
7: Validate PERF_RECORD_* events & perf_sample fields : Ok
8: Test perf pmu format parsing : Ok
9: Test dso data interface : Ok
10: roundtrip evsel->name check : Ok
11: Check parsing of sched tracepoints fields : Ok
12: Generate and check syscalls:sys_enter_open event fields: Ok
13: struct perf_event_attr setup : Ok
14: Test matching and linking multiple hists : Ok
15: Try 'use perf' in python, checking link problems : Ok
16: Test breakpoint overflow signal handler : Ok
17: Test breakpoint overflow sampling : Ok
18: Test number of exit event of a simple workload : Ok
19: Test software clock events have valid period values : Ok
20: Test converting perf time to TSC : (not supported) Ok
21: Test object code reading :[btrfs]
with build id 97dc0c1d4aab8c3aba31c776c8c6137ccce5428a not found,
continuing without symbols
FAILED!
22: Test sample parsing : Ok
23: Test using a dummy software event to keep tracking : (not supported) Ok
24: Test parsing with no sample_id_all bit set : Ok