Re: [ 00/13] 3.0.99-stable review

From: Khalid Aziz
Date: Thu Oct 03 2013 - 10:57:18 EST

On 10/03/2013 08:41 AM, Christoph Biedl wrote:
Khalid Aziz wrote...

Thanks for tracking this down. I had not tried a configuration with
CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE not set. In my config, I was getting many
multiple definition errors for bunch of other defines from
linux/hugetlb.h. I will look at my config again but chances are I
had something else screwed up in my build since you did not see
those errors. Did you compile with CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE set after
including linux/hugetlb.h? If you did, including linux/hugetlb.h
instead of importing just the definition of PageHuge in mm/swap.c
would be the right thing to do.

Yes, one of my configurations has CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE, also
CONFIG_NUMA=y, and the kernel built. Could not test it, though.

There still might be other configuration settings that caused the
error messages you've seen. Manually picking both PageHuge definitions
from linux/hugetlb.h should be a safe alternative then, but that's
ugly.

Christoph

Including linux/hugetlb.h is the right thing to do here. I cleaned up my build directories and started from scratch again. I tested with the old config where I had seen errors and I did not see errors again. I must have had something messed up in my old build directories.

Greg, please apply the patch Christoph had included in his earlier post.

Ben, this will apply to 3.2 as well.

Thanks,
Khalid