Re: [patch 0/8] genirq: Support for irq domains in generic irq chip- V2

From: Gerlando Falauto
Date: Tue Oct 01 2013 - 11:27:58 EST

Hi Thomas, Sebastian,

I see these changes made it to 3.11.
AFAICT though, 3.10.9 still has the original bug (the one that got me to write the patch for handling separate mask registers) and I am bit confused as to how to integrate that back into 3.10 (or any previous affected kernels, as they deserve a fix as well!).

The way I understand it, any mainstream patch would be based on this work, which is not available on previous kernels. And I guess backporting the whole thing would be overkill.
So I believe the only way to fix it on older kernels would be to write one (or more) minimal version-specific patch series.
But then I wonder: would that be acceptable material for linux-stable?

Please correct me if I'm totally wrong here. I'm willing to help & test but I need directions.

Thanks,
Gerlando