Getting started with crypto drivers

From: Emilio López
Date: Sun Sep 29 2013 - 14:10:40 EST

Hello everyone,

I would like to write a driver to support the "Security System" hardware block on some Allwinner ARM SoCs. The hardware supports AES, DES, 3DES, SHA-1, MD5 and has a PRNG. Data passing is done via two FIFOs. You can find some ugly userspace code to calculate a SHA1 hash here, so you can get an idea of how it works:

http://git.elopez.com.ar/ss-poc/raw/31c57d893ce8913aa0d87c982f5350433fbe89c7/md5-tool.c

My main issue at the moment is that I do not have any experience working with the crypto API, and that I found the documentation on Documentation/ lacking for my purposes. I'd be very grateful if you could suggest me reading material to understand the "hardware-oriented" API better, and if you could point me to good drivers I could use as an example when developing my own.

Thanks!

Emilio