Re: access efi variables

From: Arend van Spriel
Date: Sat Sep 14 2013 - 13:01:35 EST

On 09/14/13 00:37, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
On 09/13/2013 08:37 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
I need to obtain a uefi variable so I went looking at the API in
include/linux/efi.h. I found the following definition:

But according to the specs the variable I need to obtain is 2k bytes.
Should I expect trouble :-p

efivarfs doesn't have those limitations.

Thanks, Peter

Looking into efivarfs it seems to use the functions that I looked at in efi.h so I guess I am misinterpreting the 1024 bytes limitation in the comment (either that or you are mistaken ;-) ). I need to access the variable from within a device driver so using efivarfs does not feel like the way to go here.

Regards,
Arend