Re: linux-next: manual merge of the akpm tree with Linus' tree

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Sep 13 2013 - 15:54:15 EST

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - d_lru_isolate: this is when the LRU callbacks ask us to remove the
> entry from the list. This is different from d_lru_del() only in that
> it uses the raw list removal, not the lru list helper function. I'm
> not sure that's right, but that's what the code used to do.

Yes, verified. The LRU isolation functions are called with the lru
list lock held, so d_lru_isolate() basically just does the
list)_del_init() and our own state management.

Anyway, I fixed a typo in a comment (nd_dentry_unused ->
nr_dentry_unused) but the patch still looks good to me.

Linus