Re: [ANN] Ubuntu PPA for bcache-tools and blocks

From: Gabriel de Perthuis
Date: Fri Sep 13 2013 - 08:25:46 EST

> Is that possible to create bcached kernel for raring? I like
> autoapdating and packages created via standard way. So I can install
> source package and headers and can vbuild to it dkms modules.

A backported dkms module isn't feasible, bcache comes with work
on the block layer. Raring users should the kernels I've linked:

> Backported Ubuntu kernels are available at
>
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Latest is this one
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.11-saucy/
And there's a bit of docs here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/MainlineBuilds

Other options for raring users: upgrade to saucy
http://askubuntu.com/questions/12909/
Or build your own kernel
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/GitKernelBuild