RE: TPMs and random numbers

From: Johnston, DJ
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 18:09:12 EST

You can look up the FIPS certification to see which algorithms were approved. The Dual_EC_DRBG always looked suspect to me, which is one reason why it wasn't used in RdRand. The other is that the core crypto function doesn't do dual duty as an entropy extractor like AES hardware does with AES-CBC-MAC and AES-CTR-DRBG.

DJ