Re: TPMs and random numbers

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 15:29:47 EST

This of course has been a long-running debate. Similarly, we could make much better use of RDRAND if instead of doing data reduction in rngd we could feed it to the pool and just credit fractional bits. The FIPS tests that rngd runs are weak and obsoleted, but perhaps better than nothing (now when we don't shut down rngd due to false positives.)

--
Sent from my mobile phone. Please pardon brevity and lack of formatting.