Re: clock_gettime_ns

From: Richard Cochran
Date: Wed Sep 11 2013 - 14:50:34 EST

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 10:47:01AM -0700, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

> I think that coming up with something that's both non-POSIX and
> half-arsed is a bad idea, but doing something that's non-POSIX and
> well thought-through could be valuable.

I know Harlan Stenn of the Network Time Foundation is working on a new
timestamp API and presented a paper at the conference:

Requirements for UTC and Civil Timekeeping on Earth
A Colloquium Addressing a Continuous Time Standard
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, May 29-31, 2013.

http://www.cacr.caltech.edu/futureofutc/

The slides are on that site, and I would bet that the paper could be
made available. In any case, since I think any kind of new time API idea
would benefit from review and acceptance from the NTP and BSD people.

Thanks,
Richard